Thursday, September 1, 2005

I'm going to be a real live teacher.

Well it's Thursday, and in less than a week I begin teaching 18 K4s and K5s. I'm so excited and yet so nervous.

before I go into that story... I'll tell you about Holly and Justin's Wedding. David and I arrived on Friday afternoon, met up with Brandy, Hailey and Ryan at the church while Holly and Justin practiced where to stand, when to speak. It was nice to catch up... I never really knew or understood just how much I missed my ABU girls... If only Ev'y could have made it. After the rehearsal, there was as per usual a rehearsal dinner. It was a BBQ at Holly's Father's house.
the following day brandy and I went over to where the girls were staying, I helped get some makeup on Holly and her Matron of Honor. It was fun to see all the girls giggling. It reminded me of my bridesmaids. (the biggest difference was that there wasn't any babies when I was getting married). The Ceremony was short and sweet. It was so very Justin and Holly. She was beautiful and I almost cried 3 times, but managed to hold onto my composure. The Pictures were taken at a little park by the water, it was lovely, and of course they ran late which meant that the reception was running late. There were a few glitches - like the Bridal party going missing, but over all it was great!!!!


About this teaching thing... Mostly I'm just getting nervous and freaking out about how inexperienced I feel, and all with good cause - since I've never really done this before.. SIGH... It'll be ok. This week I've got my class set up - I have bulletin boards that are all done up with frogs, and bugs, and a calendar board with the months an days and the weather. There are 18 kids in my class, 8 girls 10 boys, 11 K5 7 K4... and at lunch the K4s head home so the afternoon will be a less intense time.

well gotta get back to working on the curriculum. BORING... But I gotta do it!

Sigh
It'll be ok
I'll just keep saying it out loud and then maybe I'll start to believe it.

Ciao

4 comments:

  1. Shannon - how did it go? You must have started by now eh?
    I want to hear all about it! (I'm sure you're doing amazing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming - the update will be there.. i was so over whelmed - which you will here about... so i didn't get a chance to write..

    ReplyDelete