Friday, August 26, 2005

Sorta another rant... man i need to figure this out... and to have it to start to make sense

I was watching Oprah... I know, I know, get past that – There is a point.The show was called... He just isn’t that in to you... It seemed to make so much sense, and sort of add to my last update. It hit me... too many people are in relationships that they are settling for. Again, adding on to my last update. If you have to change for them, if you are constantly disappointed, if you are hurt, if you are just scared that you won’t find some one else, and you are afraid... then he or she isn’t that into you... you need to step up and step out...

I do believe that most if not all people out there have someone that God has for them, someone that is that in to you... into you because there is this natural, created love. Being in a relationship isn’t’ about getting or even giving... both of those are by-products. Being in a relationship is about bettering and improving your life, with the meshing and bettering and improving of your partner’s life.

I’m tried of everyone talking about how it’s 50/50. Wait! I’m tired of everyone saying that a relationship is 100/100, and then not qualifying it... You have to be yourself, you have to grow and you have to be willing to follow God, once you can do that, and ‘be’ that then you are truly able to love completely someone else. This doesn’t mean that you come first in the relationship it doesn’t mean that your growth out-ways their growth and it certainly doesn’t mean that you don’t help facilitate, encourage or support your partners growth, change, development.

For dating relationships – it’s about seeing if that is the person you really want to marry, could marry, or should marry... It’s about breaking down walls. It’s where really getting to know someone is the most important. If you can’t grow when you’re dating you will smother if you take the relationship further. If you are not committed to the relationship (not that person; committed to the person is marriage...not dating... Does that make sense... is that harsh??) and your self in that commitment then you should take a step back, find yourself again... maybe you need more growing maybe you to truly be only independent on God before you can be co-dependant.

Its so weird... Words are throwing themselves to the front of my brain... like Sharing. Sharing is huge... can you share yourself with another person... the you that has grown, that is following God... are you sharing your partners whole being in their growth. I know at least two women (women in this case but it is certainly not a chick issue) who are in relationships with men who are not sharing themselves... who aren’t being real and who aren’t ‘loving their women enough’. You shouldn’t have to change for them; you shouldn’t have to settle to gain love, respect, and honor. Is the person you are with honoring you? Or a more difficult question... are you someone who deserves honor?

I’m not sure where I’m going... what I’m trying to say... I’m still working on the growing as Shannon. I’m learning to Grow with David, and It hard... no one said it was easy... but hard isn’t bad, it isn’t negative... it’s great. Some day’s not so great... but I would never trade it for anything. I love so much that I can be me, that David can be himself; we can love each other completely, with a God like love.

No comments:

Post a Comment