Monday, August 15, 2005

Sigh Life....

So I’m writing this blog, this entry, and/or this post? And I’m all l sort of just really feeling worn out – I’m feeling like I need to take a break. And like the last post I wrote that didn’t work because of some stupid mistake I made so the thingy wouldn’t post. Friday was date night. I made David dinner, and gave him a sappy gift. Nothing exciting, just something kinda sweet... The gift was a box full of candies, and little pieces of papers (250 in total) that had words that reminded me of him, of ways I thought about him, characteristics he had. He said he liked it, and that it was so great that I would take the time to make it. I thought it was cute, and something he’d enjoy. Well for dinner, first, the table was set all romantic like, candles and fancy stuff. We started off the evening with a cheese platter and this French like bread; it’s like a big baguette. Moving on, after some cheese and bread we had a nice batch of bruschetta. I love making it because it’s so simple, and this time we had black olives.... yummy. From that we moved on to the salad. Jeepers there was so much food. So much stuff that we had yet to eat. Well the main course was Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta, and we both so full we barely had room for it. Dinner was done and we stacked the dishes, man there was a lot of dishes. But we decided to leave them. And went to get the movie Spanglish.... Great Movie! It was so great and sappy and what not so it fit the night. We watched the movie and ate Cheese Cake - Frig I love cheesecake. I could have eaten the whole thing by myself. But I didn’t, I shared. The rest of the evening, well I won’t be sharing that part of the night... martial bliss, sigh. And to quickly move on.... Grandma and Grandpa Skafte came for a visit this weekend. They were traveling through to Maine and stopped in as a place to crash. It was nice to have them here. I really enjoy their company. And I love seeing David with his family, he is so sure of himself, so confident, so willing to listen to the stories, to talk about life. He’s so relaxed. David is like that with me, but not with me and other people, it’s nice to see that side of him. G&G Skafte drove up from the valley in time for church, and afterwards we came home, sat and chatted while I got lunch ready. We had simple sandwiches, which was nice. Then the afternoon we just sat around and chatted more. I took a nap because I haven’t been sleeping. It was a great time. For dinner I made beef pot roast, noodles and sauce, and fried spiced zucchini. They all seemed to enjoy it. and David and Grandma Skafte did the dished. I loved that!! So that was yesterday, there isn’t much really else to say about the weekend.
I have my second interview with the CCA - Colchester Christian Academy – on Tuesday. It could be a great job? But I’m just not sure if I can do it? Or heck what they want from me... So when I go for this interview I have to remember to ask the right questions, and hopefully get answers that I can use. This is also the interview that includes a member of the Board of Governors... and they ask the deeper questions... IE do you speak in tongues... and if I do, they just shut down the interview, and it’s over... that is it – I’m done... so I guess it’s a good thing I have (yet) to speak in tongues?? Hmmp it’s interesting, I never really had any kind of conversations with the legalistic fundamentalists, so this should be great.

2 comments:

  1. You got a second interview? that's pretty hopeful - I think you could do it more easily than you think - in kindergarten the kids aren't really learning the HUGE stuff - and since you're so good at reading people and getting along with people it'd make you better at figuring out how to deal with each child's needs. I remember at my christian kindergarten we learned a Bible verse for every letter of the alphabet - of which I only remember H - Honor your father and mother! We also had these name tags on our desks and if we were good they got put up on the wall and if we were REALLY good we got to take them home. Little kids love stuff like that - I know I was excited when I got to take my name tag home! :)
    And you are so fun that you'd make them learn AND laugh! I think you could do it for sure, but if it doesn't work out than God will provide something else for you!
    Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure you can do it! They're just kids afterall, how hard can that be???

    do you have a sleeping bag??? If I'm camping this weekend, it might be a good thing to have... just a thought

    ReplyDelete