Friday, August 18, 2006

Tubing, Camping, and Ruthie’s Wedding

On Thursday I picked up Ev’y from the bus station and got home in time to finish up packing, and head out. Off we went. First to Pugwash for a Camp Meeting I had, and boy was that fun. You see we drove out of our way and left extra early so that we would have time to get to Moncton. Well we arrive and wouldn’t you know it the Camp is all locked up. So I think ‘gee that sucks’…. On to Moncton!!

We arrive at Brannie and Ryan’s house and have a washroom break and head off to Marimichi. Ahh Camping and tubing here we come! We are off and in between the blinding rain and the cloud patches we eventually get to Ruthie’s.

Thursday was Ruthie’s bridal shower. It was fun. I’m sure I’m the nastiest of her friends – and I don’t think that is bad (have you met her friends? … Aha…). It was a good time, I enjoyed it so much, the food was great and the gifts were great. I like the bloomers... ahahah but nothing beats the “D Cup” eh girls?? After the evening Brannie and Ev’y and I headed back to the Campsite. It was nice. Expensive but not bad. I don’t think that I’ll go back, but it’s nice.


Friday was TUBING DAY!! Oh man it rained but we were going tubing. Ev’y was very insistent. And we did. It was so COLD… until you went numb and then it was GREAT. Ev’y was in the rear, as usual, and Holly and Justin were laughing most of the time. I think David had fun, he was cold but I think he enjoyed himself. Brannie and Ryan took Hailey she was such a trooper! I love them. At the halfway point we saw these HUGE clouds and decided to sit out for a bit – let them pass and then move on down the river. Well let me tell you! It was horrid the sky opened up and dropped buckets. We got out and had to wait in the hurricane for our drives. It was still fun, and I’d do it again…

Saturday was Ruthie’s wedding, and it was done ever so nice. The church looked nice and Ruthie was beautiful as always. There were raindrops but no tears, and I don’t think anyone noticed the rain. It was just a lovely day.


Sunday we packed up and headed home… after three days of rain and waking up 2 time in the night to pump up the STUPID air mattress, again… Home to my bed and a lot of blankets! Well that was the Camping Weekend..

Sigh I can’t wait till next year… Ev’y wanna have a wedding next summer? Ummm and we can all camp?

6 comments:

  1. ok!

    can it be groom optional? cuz those take time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon camping was sooooo fun, I can't friggin wait to do it again! And seeing you was so great, I really really missed you and I still do. You're one of my bestest friends! By the way, you forgot to mention the WIND that was happening and the fact that we were all huddled under a rubber dingy... HAHAHA it was SO funny!!! (Well not at the time, but thinking about it is hilarious!!) And you forgot about David's toe going numb and white, that was weird. And one thing only I saw: the wind picked up really hard at one point and blew a pan off the side of the barbecue and hit one of the ladies square in the butt!! It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a brilliant trip!

    I mean, the weather seemed to be a bit extreme and all, but I haven't had a real camping trip for, like, four years so I'd have put up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well stevie-boo... our summer is pretty booked but fall is comind soon we could try some camping then-- - you talk to David and see what hes up for??

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeh a fall camping trip sounds good :P

    ReplyDelete