Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Trip to Halifax

Well I went, a got stabbed with a needle, I took a pill, and I got to see Ev'y. It was nice.

I was on the road at 7:00am... it was so pretty. The landscapes were so amazing, I wish I could have painted instead of heading into the city. But alas my appointment was creeping up on me. I arrived in Halifax, and got lost. yes I got lost... I just took a left when it should have been a right. Don't worry I got to the hospital in time.

Once at the Dickson I was ushered upstairs by some old women, who go to radiology twice a week, and love the nurses. They just wish there was coffee in the waiting room. After taking a number and waiting 5 min. they called my name. Now this is all happening to smoothly... things don't go smoothly with me and my health. So it stopped being so smooth. The last time I was down to the hospital they created, what the nurse called, 'a bogus' account. so she would have to take some time and fill out a real file and what not. Oh Joy!

I was sitting and waiting when they called my name - i could go in and get my treatment without the file being finished... umm OK, what ever they say. So I'm walking behind a woman who is no higher than my elbow, through a maze of a most hideous shade of lime green... calming I suppose... and then into a tiny room with a smiley radiologist.

She was kind and spoke with a soft voice. It was very nice. She was nice. She handed me my yellow pill, and told me not to touch it - just to use the container it was in as a cup. Scary much! She gave me a shot in the arm of B12 and sent me off. (The shot is what I might have to do monthly... not to painful... but my arm went tingly for about 5 hours)

I was thinking about heading home, but my arm was aching and throbbing and tingly, I didnt want to start the trek home till it felt a bit better. so I met up with Ev'y, who had a surprising dentist appointment. We walked around the Halifax waterfront, looking for a drug store, because her missing tooth was causing her pain. We went to a cute little place for lunch. It was nice. About 1:30 my arm felt normal, and we headed off. I dropped Ev'y off and headed home...

Sigh it's good to be home...

oh David and I are heading back to Halifax to meet up with Mom and Dad Skafte... sigh I could have just stayed in the city...

No comments:

Post a Comment