Monday, August 21, 2006

Ahh my Trip to Halifax, and to the Tests

Well, Friday morning I picked up Janet and was off to Halifax. Thank you Jan for coming with me!!! It was blessing, I know that it cause a ripple or two but you saved my butt.. sigh... and when you have an emergency, call me I'll be there! (especially if it involves going to Hali) ... back to the story...

So we are driving to Halifax, and hoping not to get lost... we arrive at the Dickson centre. so we go in and take a number. Well I take a number. and we sit. Sooner than later I'm called up to the registration desk. It's been a few years since I had been to the QE2 so there was a lot to update. Then came the blood test, only wait No one had heard of this Shilling Test. they looked it up in the big black binder, nothing. they called upstairs, nothing; so a few nurses came down, and nothing, again. They had called the wrong "upstairs". Sigh, after 20 more minutes a lady from Radiology came down...

RADIOLOGY! apparently after talking with my family Dr., 8 nurses and a few other Doctors, not one of them felt the need to tell me I needed to have a nuclear test done, and that it would have to scheduled, by my family physician...

So now the trip to Halifax is not so urgent, and kind of a waste of time.. only not cause i got to spend some time with Jan (which is nice) and we went to see Ev;y and Holly ( which is also nice). Ev'y and Jan and I ate lunch at East Side Mario's. and then went to see Holly.

We drove home and that was my big trip to Halifax. Once my Dr. Calls me about an appointment I get to do it all again... sigh...

2 comments:

  1. oh no! well at least you got to see some friends and the lovely drive to hfx, hehe just kidding. Def a bummer that you have to go back and they wasted your time. Ugh I hate hospitals soemtimes.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, It realyl sucked.
    So I remeber you from a comment on Leanne's blog.. I assume that you're one of her friends...
    hi. nice to meet you

    :D

    ~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete