Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Side Note

Before the silliness of the 80s...
Emmie you made a great quote!

She commented on how situations can change you... how she never experienced someone close dying...

Me either, I have a few family members who are not doing so well, but it terrifies me as to how I will react. How will i handle that??

I heard that my grandfather fell again just last week.. He isn't doing well... at all... and to see momma talk about him, you can hear the ache and anguish in her voice... and see tears start in her eyes. It's hard... I don't think I like this phase of life.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shannie.
    I am still using the msnspace for more pictures and friend-updates since it has permission settings, but I missed my little blog so much that I felt the need to start it up again - just wanted to let you know!
    Loves ya!

    The Wearer of the White Tank Top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the days of the white tank top - -Sigh swoon..

    Love ya Bek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever my relatives have died, it's scared me how deadly calm I was. I feel strangly incapable of taking death seriously. When people have died, I've accepted it without reservation.

    I've never been able to see death as a terrible thing. There is so much pain that we as humans can endure, that death can only be a great loss without the hope of God.

    There is pain in the seperation, but grief should only come if that loss is permanent.

    ReplyDelete