Tuesday, March 7, 2006

House Update

We just got back from the inspection...

There are things that will need to be done... nothing serious - - and things that we were going to change anyways, but we do have a few things that will need more than a quick fix...

Windows and siding that need a little fixing or repalcing, and piping that need to be re-routed... stuff that we can't really do ourselves. The piping need to go around some things and get to where it needs to go. There is an oil tank and oil furnace that are used to heat the garage.. and we don't want them - cost and mess and insurance will freak out.... so we need to get rid of it. This means that we need to remove it and 'tidy up' and 'fix' the removal... also there is a vent that we can't find so we need to get a plumber to come scan and search for us... woot... not so much...

It's going to cost us some... and we are going to try to do as much as we possibly can ourselves. I think that it will be TOTALLY worth it - I love the house. So we just gotta talk tot he home owners and see if there is anything we can work on together... if that is even possible.

Oh a brighter note... not so much... I'm fighting this freakin' cold. Only it's moving to my Chest... yuck much..

THREE DAYS till MARCH BREAK!

woot

3 comments:

  1. March break eh?? You should come up to Moncton! Say maybe the 18th and 19th?...I know its kinda the end of your march break, but Mom and Dad are coming up and (surprise surprise) Garrett actually suggested you guys come too!!! I think he's starting to like my family now. :D We're gonna go out for a brunch on Sunday, with Mom and Dad, and Katie and Mindy are coming too...parents meeting the parents (or uh, parents meeting the mom), kinda nerve-racking! :| So yeh...you and Dave should come up that weekend sometime too...we're kinda doing a B-day thing for me...even tho my b-day is on the 13th. I miss you guys so much! We never really got to hang out, the 4 of us, last time you were here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, you guys are sooooo old now!

    a mortgage? banish the thought!

    I can't believe you have a house, that is just bizarre to think about! I can only watch HGTV and design made up rooms!

    So, on a more serious note. When will I be hearing the pitter patter of little Skafties? Buying a house is only a sign of things to come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jan - We might go up with Mom and Dad... but nothing has been talked about.. but... I'd love to go up and visit..i miss you.

    ReplyDelete