Monday, January 25, 2010

Working towards Working out

So today I was thinking - Man I miss the working out I've done in the past... and How I can't wait til Feb. 1st - I'm going to get a Gym Membership at one of the Gyms in town. Seriously, a Gym membership at a gym; what will they think of next?

I hope to lose 20ish pounds by June 18th weekend... Our anniversary... that's 4 months or 20 weeks. I figure 1 pound a weekish... that would be great.

Now I've tried the whole get fit thing before - but alone in my living room - it just doesn't work... I think it's the crying over how fat and unfit I am. I think that maybe the lack of space, but mostly the crying over my lack of self esteem... There is definitely the fact that I don't like to be alone when I do things like that... Alone can be very scary for a woman with past weight issues...

So we have talked about how fitness, and health is important. So I'm going to start going to the gym. I hope to make myself a little more healthy and a little less chubby. I'll still be a big girl, since I believe that skeletons are Not very Womanly. I think a woman's sensuality lays within her curves. I believe it's a defining gender thing - Womanly curves Not manly corners... etc. So I think I'll be a bit better at the self image thing, I'll be working at NOT falling into old habits. The goal isn't Skinny it's Healthy.

I'll not be alone. Robin, my dear friend, we'll be work out buddies! So that will fix the alone feeling. And once I'm in the habit, the groove I think I'll be 'able' to continue at the gym if Robin decides to do something else.

I'm excited for how a healthy lifestyle can change a lot in someone's life. I used to work out at ABU, it was a long long time ago, but I clearly remember LOVING it. I had energy, I had stamina... and I didn't have as many migraines. I had fun with it. I enjoyed it so much.

Choosing to get healthy, for my health, my self esteem, my body, my mind, my future.

So here's to getting the budget set in stone, and getting my membership... Hopefully it'll be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment