Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day Three - we aren't Dead yet... It's really Day Four

so I'm off by half a day already... Today is Saturday and that's day four....

Here's how Day Three went...

Ahh Friday.... sigh and sigh again. I still haven't slept - well that's a lie, I got 3 hours. Yay for being a parent. Friday morning, well LATE Thursday night (actually) Danelia had a moment. A big moment... which caused her to need Luschka... who in turn would find me... There was a bug. Luschka and I think it was dream, Danelia was very sure it was a giant ladybug going to eat her... it came from the window and landed on her bed. Well that was a horrible thing for the dreamed up lady bug to do. We (Luschka, my very bestest helper-er ever!! and I) told her that Cats can eat bugs and probably did, even though it was giant; we remade the bed, just to make sure... and then I sat for about and hour rubbing her back while she calmed down and slept... sigh, I'm not the only one not sleeping.

We got up, and since I was a little sick, Danelia got to be my special helper and helped with Eric. She is a great big sister. Unless of course Eric is doing his own thing... then she's the boss... ahem.

We had a great day and went to pick up Luschka and Nikita and off on an adventure. We went GROCERY SHOPPING... yay.. ahem ahem... cough cough.

We had a list. We had a car. We had 2 small whippersnappers. We had a goal. We had an incident... (Dun Dun Dun Duuuuuuuu) (read as scary music)...

While in line at a store, I was paying, Luschka and Nikita were watching Eric, the cart, and my purse... and someone, who shall remain nameless, was standing close to the Candy bars.... tooooooo close....
I won't go into details, but we had to have a talk about touching, taking and unwrapping things that aren't ours, things that belong to the store, things that we didn't pay for. And because of the 'not nice' behavior, someone, who shall still remain nameless, lost dessert.

That said person, the nameless one, handled the discipline very well, no crying, no screaming... and was rewarded for her good behavior, but still lost Dessert... and even at dessert time she handled herself well... SUCH a good day. Sorta... in the end I'd say it was a success!?!

We slept.. we awoke and It's SATURDAY.

Ahhh Saturday...

David got up with the kids, so I could sleep in, and Luschka and Nikita slept in late. I made Pancakes... from a box... NEVER AGAIN... but spruced them up with white chocolate chips.
David and I cleaned up breakfast while Luschka hid in her room, and Nikita took the kids down stairs. It was great. David joined the downstairs crew, and I escaped to the shower... sigh...

Right now Luschka and I are hiding in the front room, and by hiding I mean, I'm typing she's reading over my shoulder, and correcting my spelling - -so if you notice the lack of Shannonese... (thign, nad, het, taht...) you can thank Luschka - while the playing continues down stairs...

Later we hope to be playing in the snow... and eventually sleeping... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment