Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday - Day Two... We're all still alive...

So I started the first day with out a wink of sleep - and I really mean with out a wink. ARGH - but the day went well, only one major breakdown in the afternoon...and then one at night -

Today we worked on Boundaries…


Danelia pushed, but I pushed back... She wasn’t happy – But I’m sure I’m more stubborn than she is.

She Grabbed a toy from Eric, wouldn’t talk to me – ran away, screamed at me… Told me that She didn't want to do anythign, that she didn't like me - and that She didn't have to do anythign I said... and then yelled at Eric. So after I caught up to her, which surprised her, she had a fit – which I get, cause she’s 4. We had a talk, she screamed – we talked longer… she had a time out. And had to apologize to her brother – that was probably the worst for her.

Sigh I love boundary day.

Now that we have ascertained that


- I am the faster Runner

- I don't yell at the children, but I can be the louder talker, and since I don't yell at them, they will NOT yell at me

- I am the adult, and I'm "the boss" of Danelia and Eric - not Danelia... and not Eric... ME

- That having a husband is a big help. I know it's only been one completed day - but I have a huge appreciation of how hard it could be for a single mother...

- Eric has called me... 'on nie' - which i think is Auntie...

- if Eric grabs my hand to lead me somewhere - I tell him to ask me, by saying, Come Please... (please he's got it's the other we're working at)... and ONCE, just once he actually said it... 'Ome Plez'


So that was yesterday, day one... Day Two is currently happening - only one, 1 min Time out, and no fights... so I'm praying that the rest of the week will go well... or at least the day

As for me and sleeping - I haven't' really gotten there yet - when I lay down my chest gets too heavy - I can't breathe.. and when I prop up my sore shoulder goes numb and tingles....
Sigh - at least I'm a king bed and I'm not pummeled in my sleep...

I guess the lack of sleep just makes the experience more authentic.


No comments:

Post a Comment