Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Keeping up with my weight...

So I know that I was supposed to update on Tuesday - but I forgot to update - for the last couple of weeks.

Well it's not going so well. turns out that 400 Cal isn't a whole lot - and instead of being consistent throughout the day... so instead I'll have too many, then the next day skip a meal... WHICH is bad... not consistent at all...

So I'll try harder this week, but I think I'll just try harder at eating better. The worst is that it's Christmas, and I'm making cookies and decorating cookies, and as we all know, a Christmas tradition is the baker gets to eat all the mis-shapen or badly decorated cookies. Also the baker gets to consume any left over cookie dough, broken bits, and the left over icing... ahem, ahem.

I was also thinking that maybe I'll try fasting - not as a weight management strategy but as a spiritual discipline... I'm just worried that it will throw off my eating habits - and I'll just gorge the next day - to the day before trying to 'compensate'... I'll blog about the fasting thing another day...

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Oh how I appreciate your honesty! Not only on this topic, of course, but since I started reading your blog I have noticed your openness. Thanks.

    The GI Diet is the best book about healthy eating I have ever read and it changes lives. Maybe it is what you are looking for.

    Fasting doesn't seem to be as popular as feasting, does it?! But they seem to me to be two sides of the same coin. Of course, having said that, I don't think I've fasted at all in several years. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

    ReplyDelete