Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christ in Christmas

I find it really sad that people are offended at the saying of Merry Christmas, that we can't say it anymore - to be politically correct I have to say Happy Holidays. You wouldn't want to wish an atheist or a Jewish person a merry Christmas... that would be bad... Allow me to take this Idea and Run with it...


When we greet people - we shouldn't say Hi - that's far to Anglo of us, we shouldn't even Wave. I mean what if we are talking to someone who's first language isn't English. They speak English, but it's not they're native tongue; It would be offensive to speak to them in a manor that is not theirs - so instead we speak in a manor that isn't ours... it would convey nothing about ourselves... no individuality...

Of Course - no waving hello - in some countries wave with your hand open, and fingers spread is announcing that you could have many fathers - (not so great for your mom... huh?)... so if we're not going to stop all that - - then let's just let people be themselves - - it's called cultural awareness....

So we can't greet people with our personal holiday greeting - It's a little sad huh. I mean I'm saying Merry Christmas, because I want to someone to have a merry Christmas...

forget the greetings... what about just taking the religiousness out of the Holiday itself... Get rid of Jesus - cause he's so one sided... and you can still have Christmas without him....

UMM NO.

maybe I just see it differently - I know that Christmas is the celebration of Jesus' humanity... so if we take that away we will just have a day to get presents and chocolates - I think our birthdays and Easter (ahem) would cover that... ( I hope you got my ahem... sigh)

We don't tell the Jewish community to forget the Temple and Festival of Lights, and we don't say to the African -to stop celebrating Africa... why do the Christians have to be hit so hard...

Sigh persecution sucks -and I pray it leads to character development not slacker faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment