Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The beat goes on...

Wow can you say long time no see?It’s been far to long since I’ve updated this blog, and I’m sure those of you who depend on this blog for survival are happy to be reading… aha…. well what’s been going on since the beginning of November…

-1- I’m now a member of the CE board at church… woot. I’m officially starting in Jan., but I sit in on meetings. I think it will be a good year! I can see so much happening… It is amazing how God is growing our church family. I see so many young families, young people there, as well as our lovely staple… the ‘oldies’ as I like to tenderly call them …lol…

David has just tonight, accepted a position on the Deacons Board. I’m excited to see how God will use him, he is such a godly man.. it’s nice to see him involved in our Church… sigh…

-2- Ahh Remembrance Day weekend…it was a LONG weekend. David and I got to see a few friends, Holly and Justin, Bek, brandy and Ryan (at work) It’s so nice to talk with brandy, she’s busy and not online anymore… but we do the same thing so talking about my job is interesting.. not just fun stories of kids… but an actual conversation. I miss them and WANT to go back and see them.

WE also got to help de-clutter the attic that was always a mystery to me... My grandfather had 12 boxes of Raisin Bran... 12, who needs 12. There was so much JUNK! Milk bags he saved, egg cartons he kept, jars of SAND... yes sand. So I was a bit frazzled with the emotions and the hard work. I was beat and tired. And had to get to work... and I didn’t sleep well that night. So that second week of Nov. is kind of hazy.

-3- Carina and Renier invited us over for lunch to see Berinda and the Family... (we also attened a surprize 40th party for R...) So we head over for lunch and out of no where... BAM they ask us to watch the kids... We said yes (they were in a bind) BUT it would have been nice to prep for kids. The last three days were crazy... three kids thrown in our laps. I think when you ease into a 7 or 9 or 16 year old with the 7 or 9 or 16 years it takes to get them… it will be a bit easier… well at least less ‘thrown together'. But it was fun. David loved having the kids in the house - he kept saying how cute they all were... That makes me smile.

That's it for now....
I’m busy and tired and Can’t wait until Christmas Break!!!

3 comments:

  1. ummm, did your grandparents move or something? I'm a little vague on that detail.

    In other words, I don't know how to ask if your grandfather passed away or is just moving. There's just no sympathetic way to put it...

    so there.

    You should come Christmas shopping in Halifax someday. Any day. On a day. And we'll plan it ahead of time or some such nonsense...

    ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah he just moved... he and Nanny are in a little apartment complexe everybody is really old - but very cute... and very quiet.

    I'll see about holiday shopping... David promised me a day in Hali...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talking about the grandparents I met in Moncton? They let me do laundry!

    ReplyDelete