Saturday, June 3, 2006

Thinking of my Childhood

So I sit tonight and think... what was my life like, being a child of the 80s... I didn't get very far because my mind drifted to the shows I used to watch... I made a list... Anyone else recall these great cartoons?

Edit - Teddy Ruxpin - how could I forget gimmic and grubby
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Gummie Bears
Care Bears
Rainbow Bright
Smurfs
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Whinnie the Pooh
Fraggle Rock
Transformers
Strawberry Shortcake
Inspector Gadget
Pound Puppies
C.O.P.S.
Babar
Wuzzles
Duck Tales
Garfield and friends
Jem
G.I. Joe (and knowing is half the battle)
The Raccons
The Young Hercules (you had to be up at 6:00 am to catch this gem)
Ghostbusters
Voltron

He-Man
The Ewoks
Jetsons
Snoks

Thundercats
My Little Pony Tales, and My Little Pony and Friends
Bionic Six
TMNT (do I need to explain? Really though?)
Curious George
RoboCop
She-ra Princess of Power
Simpsons
The Tick
Muppet babies (and the original, The Muppets)


** how could I forget ASTRO BOY ** yeesh

Can anyone else think of any other great 80s Early 90s cartoons I might have missed?

There were movies... but that is another list for another day... (the last unicorn.. and to quote Grace "put a shirt on ya tree")




12 comments:

  1. k, did anyone else watch the shows;
    the potato head gang, or my pet monster????

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASTROBOY!

    and uhm... lemme consult the wife.

    Emilee watches, let's see.
    The Doodlebops
    Tractor Tom
    Poco
    George Shrinks

    uhm... oh! PINKY DINKY DOO!

    I dunno. I miss the good old days of Spiderman and the Lone Ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh brandy yessum I guess I did!
    I forgot about My Pet Monster!! I didn't really like hte potatoe head gang - so I didn't watch it much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved My Pet Monster, my cousin had the stuffed thing complete with handcuffs!

    Did you watch Owl TV? we were addicted...

    I also had a Barbie and the Rockers lunch box. It was yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Batman
    Young Robin Hood
    Looney Tunes (Of course)
    AstroBoy (The theme... love it!)
    TinTin (Now that was the best animated show ever)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh yeah I loved Tin Tin too! And what about KIDS Incorporated?? LOVED that show!! It was on the Family Channel. And Mickey Mouse Club! I don't know if those were later 90's or what... But they were soo soo good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I forgot about Inspector Gadget.
    That was always my favorite!

    Now here's some well deserved nostagia!

    The theme on guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhSRsNvHva4&search=inspector%20gadget

    The real theme:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLwLRCkXu4&search=inspector%20gadget

    The first episode "Gadgets in Winterland":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWOjoEAr1QQ&search=inspector%20gadget

    The second episode "Monster Lake"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPsdDIdR9tI&search=inspector%20gadget


    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like youtube - - for voltron....
    I haven't been on in a while - I think I'll go there later today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my fav shows when I was really young was Ghost Writer...not cartoon but one of my favs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap... you and Tracy watched that stupid show all the time! It aired from 1992-95 and I hated it. Such a girl show.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah woah that show was NOT stupid, I friggin loved that show too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, check out this parody of the show... it's great!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eABmE4o5xbw&search=ghostwriter

    ReplyDelete