Sunday, June 18, 2006

Our FIRST Anniversary

Ahhh what a wonderful weekend, and It's only Sunday morning. I'll be updating now and then the rest tomorrow. For a few pictures - check out My Pictures -

David and I went to Moncton to Château Moncton. It was great. This is where we stayed our first night of our honeymoon. Sigh I thought he might book us a night there. It was great. We love the complimentary breakfast. It is one of the better, if not the best we've seen.

We went to East Side Marios fordinnerr, I had the Tettrazinni, and David the Steak. It was so very delicious... We love eating there. Sigh I just love food....Ahaa...Sighh.

We saw Janet and Garret and stopped by to see Brandy and Ryan (only Ryan was home, oh with Hailey) (sorry we missed you Brannie)

The Fairholm Inn was built in 1839 - it is beautiful, and has such a historic feel. Everything is wonderful, the curtians, the colours, the beds, the dinning room, the cultery, the silver.. sigh. perfect. The room is so great. There is an Island made brick archway, queen-sized bed, 2-person tub, sitting area, fireplace, it was lovely!

For our Saturday Night dinner, we went out to a beautiful Inn /Restaurant - the Dundee Arms Inn. It was quite remarkable. As part of our Romance Package we had a voucher for a fabulous meal....Soo we ordered,

- Lobster & Scallops Seafood Cakes!! Pan seared seafood cakes garnished with fresh garden greens and a chive cream fraiche - They were probably the best part of the meal, the lobster was tender the scallops wereabsolutelyy "to die for"
- Peppered Beef Tenderloin! The best Island 8 oz tenderloin, pan roasted and served with a rich brandy and cracked peppercorn sauce. David enjoyed this so much, I even got to steal some bites, sigh it better be this good for $30.
- Green Olive Chicken, so yummy. Onion, spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast crusted with panko and topped with a green olive with wine cream. This was my dish, it was very tasty. David also liked it. I think that I preferred the beef, but the chicken was great. We thought about getting a fish dish but since later on today we will be heading to the fisherman's wharf (all you can eat buffet and Lobster dinner) we thought maybe not tonight!!
- Dessert was - 9 Nut (pecan plus) pie, and Chocolate Cheesecake .Both yummy, but not as yummy as the seafood cakes...Sighh... I love Lobster!!

So now it is off to the beach and lobster - woot woot woot.

oh! I nearly forgot . David bought me the thrid part of my ring... it's beautiful....

8 comments:

  1. Food can be insidious. It's romantic at first, but in twenty years (not so much).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww you guys! One year already! Congrats! Can't wait to see the house (I can't believe I haven't seen it yet!!!) I hope you had a great trip, sounds like you had fun. Can't wait til the end of August to take ours! Hopefully we can stay at the Manor Inn again, it was awesome (although quite pricy...)

    Miss yous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stevie - So very true - but everything in Moderation.

    Holly - you could have seen our house- you just had to stop by on your way by - but you didn't :P

    thanks ya jerk - I kid.

    I love you guys and miss yo uso frickin' much.

    I'm trying to see when i'll be in Hali area next - I don't know... sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, pretty ring.

    if david keeps it up you'll have to get some more fingers (i have some spare, if you need 'em).

    come to halifax. stat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try to get to Hali... stat... aha

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm
    a PEI trip without seeing your favorite Islander???
    I'll forgive you this time I suppose.... hehe
    Happy first anniversary
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bek - You see it was our anniversary - and you see... we didn't know where to find you - we didn't really head out that way - i don't htink - i"m still getting used to the island.

    anyways - I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I was just teasing - although I do think that you should come visit - maybe we could round up the original pod gang and have a weekend at my cottage? or something?

    Loves ya,
    Bec
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete