Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ahh life - and it's been too long...

Well it's Mothers Day today. I've already called momma, and mom so we're good! and I can move on and talk about what's been going on.

We have a house, as you all know, or at least most of you know, and the last week of April we moved into our home. The first week of May was spent unpacking most of what we had just so recently packed. It's great having a house, a home. I love that it's mine... well our's... but you know what I mean. If i want a pink kitchen, or an oragne pokadot living room i can so that... heck If I want to change my living room into an insect sanctuary.... I can, could, might. :D

It's great, and it's a nice size, all our stuff fits in it and nothing is cramped. I want to paint the livingroom a mushroom color. It will match with our hearth and our furniture, so for now that's the color we'll use. We might paitn it another color later. Who knows, how cares.... Cause we own it we could change it every three days if we wanted to.

My parents came up for a few days and and helped with unpacking, and they came really for Jenny's graduation, but I'll pretend that we were the main reason. they came up and helped a lot. And EV'Y canme up too. She was on here way by from an interview.

We went Yardsale-ing. It's great to get up early, plan the route, and head out with a big vehical. I found a ton of things and all for a $1.00 I love it! we got a tone of things, Ev'y was most pround of her apple green tupperware. I, I got a bread maker. Momma purchased, something... I think, I can't remember - oh apple green tupperware measuring spoons and measuring cups... which she happily gave to Evelyn for her collection.

It was a good week. so was the Next one... so now i'm up to this weekend.

This past weekend was Spring forth. It was a good time. the youth were mostly well behaved. a few of our girls and a few of the boys snuck out of the hotel (the windows) AGRH!! but that was the worst part of it. I didn't get any sleep.. I just couldn't fall asleep. I was so tried. I had a great time, and I think that the youth really enjoyed it too!

We got back home Saturday at 6:30. and by 7:30 I was a sleep, and I slept till 8:30 !! It was great! I love sleeping more than 12 hours!!

Well I should go clean - - Berinda and Jamie with Daneila are coming over!

3 comments:

  1. yay! I'm the first one to post a comment! :D
    What hotel did you guys stay at for Springforth? Was it at that church downtown all weekend, or was it just Saturday afternoon that everyone went there?...cause I seen a friend of mine who was helping out, on Saturday afternoon just as I was gonig to work. I walked by the church again Saturday nite when I got off work but everyone was long gone...I thought it was gonna be all weekend, not just Friday nite and Saturday. I was hoping to see you guys...but I guess I will this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shan,
    If you guys need any paint... ;)
    I'm glad to hear that you love your home, it makes me happy! I can't wait to see it, hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jan - yeah it was just Friday into Saturday - sorry we missed you - but we'll see you sometime this weekend - Love ya!

    Holly - Gee could I get paint at Kent?? aha

    ReplyDelete