Tuesday, May 23, 2006

To Moncton I Went....

Ahhh the long weekend. What could be better for the working soul, than a LONG weekend.... what you say, well a long weekend with your friends.

Oh Friday David and I drove up to Moncton and meet up with Brandy and Ryan. Sigh I missed them. I miss a lot of people, but just being in the same space as Brannie - eased part of my heart.

Friday night we went out and picked up a few movies - Hoodwinked - not so much... we did enjoy Isolde and Tistan - or vis versa. It was a good movie, jsut enough action just enough love! Saturday we got up early and went YARD SALEING !! Lovin' my life! David and I picked up a few things. There weren't many sales... we were very disappointed. but it was fun just not as fun as it could have been.

Saturday afternoon was spent lazing around and Saturday night we went to see Janet and Garrett. it was a short visit, as I was very tired, but a nice one. They are doing well and at the were contemplating moving to Truro... more to come....

Sunday we got up and headed to church. it was Memorial Cup Sunday at Hillside Baptist Church. David was so excited. He met Ryan Walters, got an autograph and held a Stanely Cup ring....ohhh ahhhh - I didn't really get it... meh.

Sunday afternoon Brandy and us went to Pizza delight for lunch - yummy buffet. There was much food, much love, much fun. Hailey is very cute covered in pizza sauce. Sunday night we met up with Sunshine and Melody, my cousins. We had a late dinner, and then coffee and Timmy's. Ahh the high-jinx of youngsters... cards and coffee.

Monday morning we picked up Janet for Brunch, and it turns out that they ARE moving to Truro - we are looking out for an apartment for them. we ate some good eats and then dropped Jan off at home. Immediately we headed to Grandma's house... to visit and play a quick game of sequence. Grammpie is getting so old, and shaky, and he's losing something, that thing that made him my big strong grammpie... I hate it and I can't do anything about it.... ok ok I'm not going to get into this not now, it tends to make me cry... moving on.

We traveled home in the rain and arrived in Truro mid afternoon...

Ahh a good trip.

8 comments:

  1. yay! I found you! glad you had a good trip. don't be a stranger eh? and check my blog for pics of the cutest baby in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my *cough*

    you know what I mean???


    anywho, I'm sorry I couldn't be there to make the yard saling more special :) there are hundreds and hundreds of them here, you should definitely come check those out, yah?

    I understand the grampie thing, mine is also losing a couple of marbles here and there.

    have a good week,
    moi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparantly you're short visit to a certain Kent to visit two certain people is not worth blogging about. :P

    Oh well, it was good to see you anyway, and I really really hope we can have an actual visit sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Holly... I love ya!

    I'll mention you in the next blog - cause it's not that I don't love you - i just didn't rememebr... but i remember now - and i'll edit this one... i haev to go to work - so it'll be tonight...

    love ya


    ev'y I'll get to hali for yard sales when I can..
    and I'm trying to help hold as many marbles as I can..... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shan, I think David is holding all your marbles...cause you lost them a long time ago...its just a good thing that it was your husband that caught them and not some stranger.
    ahah love you :D

    I called Pye Apartments about that one available on 43 Arthur St...just to find out about the deposit and how much rent is and stuff (their gonna call me back)...if it sounds good I'll tell them you guys are gonna call to set up an apointment to look at it...so you can take some pics for me...and just make sure it looks good :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. doesn't Ron Wallace have a ton of places in Truro? I'd call him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jan - Ok let me know...

    Calvin - yeah but his are a bit pricing - we looked there already,
    thanks though

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete