Sunday, April 9, 2006

I know, it's been a while....

It's been over a week since my last confess...err Update.

It was a week that seemed like everything that could go wrong did - and yet it wasn't a bad week...

Work went by fast, however I had a migrain for the frits three days of my four day week... ever had a migrain with 17 kindergarteners? no, well you don't want to try that. Trust me. so work went by, and it was ok. There are only 40.5 days of school left. That is very exciting. I met with the Principal and as far as I know, I'll be working there next year as well. So far the guesstimation is 12 kids.. wouldn't that be sweet. Just 12 kids. I can imagine how much focus I could give every one of them. I mean I know that 17 isn't bad, but 12 would be fab. On Friday we had an inservice, but instead of giving us the day to do our marking, and report cards, we had a seminar. I got to leave a bit earlier to go take my drivers test...

As for my driving test, well Friday afternoon arrived, and I was freaking out - breathing shallow, trying not to lose it in the middle of my seminar. I got home puked a few times, I lost it, and cried my eyes out. I have severe stage fright / performance anxiety.... so this test was just everything I didn't want to have to take. so I pull myself together. I'm a little less freaked out, and off I go. Well I get to the DMV and wouldn't you know... the brake light is out... yup all that for nothing. and the BEST part... in a few weeks when ever I can find the time (while i'm working) to go and take the test again I get to go through all that MESS again, all that stress, anxiety... yeesh.

Once home I get packed up because David and I are helping out with the youth in the 24hr Black out... 24 hours without electricity. 14 youth and nothing to eat but rice, and oatmeal... yummy. it was ok they didn't really complain and we got a few hours of sleep. I think the worst thing was that I was damp the entire 24 hours. we got home Saturday at 6:00 ish.... We went to a leaders house for a de-briefing and ice cream... woot. then we went home I was in bed at 9:45 pm...

Well today I woke up at 4:30 am... with the biggest migrain, I took 8 extra strength tylenol and headed back to bed. I was thinking that maybe by 8 the head ache would be gone.. GUESS AGAIN... it was worse, I just woke up and cried. I am still dealing with the mirgrain after 2 heavy duty pain killers... frig it sucks to be me...

but on a good note... tomorrow I work another 4 day week. woot

1 comment:

  1. I hope you'll be feeling better soon!
    ANnoying about the drivers test and getting all worked up for no reason - frustrating! But I know you'll do fantastic when the time comes!!! :)

    Love you Shan, you're in my thoughts and prayers!

    Bec
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete