Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today is a day to begin...

So I feel like crap.

I know, eloquent or what?

but it's true - I feel fat, dumb and lazy... and I'm in a lot of pain these days. I'm not sure if it's cause of the weather change or just how sore a human can be, or how much pain you can be in before you need / seek medical help.

So I'm going to trying something.... it's never been done, I hope that I can start a revolution... I'm going to watch what I eat and try to work out more (and by more I mean work out any amount now, because even a little is more than never).

I'm tempted to try this 'system'. I say system like 'system' because it's really just calorie counting and portion control... nothing new... 400 Fix... you have 4 'meals' a day that are no more than 400 Calories. This sounded easy --- but in fact, it is not.

Why is that not easy, you ask. Why you say? Well cause I like things like Mars bars - which for your information are more than 200 calories... this means if I want a Chocolate bar that's great but I'd have to have it with grapefruit and celery and call it a meal... I don't think I can wrap my head around that...

But I'm going to try, I'm going to try to cut the calories...

Normally you could just, you know, work out more - but that brings me back to the sore and pain part... I know that losing weight would be good for me and my body in a whole lot of ways, but until I knock off a few pounds, my knees won't take a liking to Walking... and I like my knees, and would like to keep them till I'm at least 60... sigh....

So here goes... I think I'll try to update weekly - on how well I'm doing - or more likely - not doing... but I'll try. I'll try to remember to post, say, Tuesdays about how well this goes... and I'll be honest - which I'm good at - so this is it...

Today - I weigh in at 222 pounds... now before you think - what a heffer - please remember I'm 6 feet tall. and of large bone structure... I'm not trying to sugar coat it - I've got a little chub all over - and as the kindergarten children I taught used to say when giving a hug, "I like your tummy pillow Mrs Skafte.... "

I've eaten today - 2 very fattening squares - I made myself - and they have a TON of calories - but I don't' know how much actually... and a large bowl of whole wheat spaghetti... and water to drink...

Ok, alright all ready... and 1 heaping spoonful of Betty Crocker Icing... but I couldn't help it...

Yes Icing.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be more successful!

2 comments:

  1. i love you the way you are.. and i wish it was easy also.... this may sound rude to some but, skinny people ask me, "why can't you just not eat it? or why can't you just walk everyday?"... haha lol.... then i think...hmmm i wonder why i "just can't"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the honesty, You make me smile.
    I am in the same boat team and wake up with good intentions and before I know it I have eaten junk.
    Love ya!
    B

    ReplyDelete