Monday, March 26, 2007

I really think I'm doing too much...

A very dear friend of mine pointed out that i might be doing too much... and my very wise husband told me that if I feel a little sick, why do I do so much, I should let myself get better, or, dare I say it, not get sick?...

I can't believe that I got the flu from my kids. I am so good at not getting major things from them. I mean I always have a new strain of the cold bug... but not a flu bug...yeesh. It's been years since I've ever had the full blown flu. I forgot how uncomfortable the fever / chills things was. I can't sleep, and I can't relax, I'm either shaking from the chills that I have or sweating because I can't turn the thermostat in my belly down.

I've got this cough that is coming along with my flu - the Doctors at the Hospital think I've got a flu bug and some sort of Bacterial thing - A-symptomatic - is what she said. so this throat and chest thing isn't 'crackly' I'm doing ok... and I have to report if I'm not improving.

See it's all complicated because we're trying to have a baby. Which means that there is a lot we can't do, that we can't take... We - well me cause I'd be the one carrying the baby, but we cause I'm all about whole us and we of a baby.

So I'm at home here, laying in bed, typing up this blog, and I'm feeling a little bit better - I've kept down Chicken Noodle Soup. but I'm still so hoarse. It's killing me, I'm breathing a little funny and I think it'll pass. I think I'll be back at school tomorrow, only not talk as clearly as I'd like. But I don't want to be that sick one, you know? I'm stronger than this little sick thing I have now.


I wanted to update about my AWESOME weekend, the part before the hospital visit.

Saturday morning I went to the church for a Worship workshop, put on by Lynn (the pastor of Worship, and my new friend) and a few facilitators. This was an amazing time, it's like I needed someone to just say what I was thinking out loud. I even lost it - I was just humbled before God, and others. I think it was a time of true change... a point was made and I got it, I really got it. It was good to get it, but also, it was amazing to be prayed for.. it's been so long since I asked for that, since someone offered... since it's happened.. and I felt God move in those moments.

then some of the youth, Paula, Jody and Natasha and I went to Beautiful Unique Girls. What a positive awesome and chick building time. I really hope the girls got something out of it, I know I did.

It was a good time. and a good weekend, right up until Sunday morning, but i would still say that it was a good time.

And now I'm off to help Proof Jody's doctoral thing thingy....

5 comments:

  1. uh yeah shannon! A break never killed anyone :) God will forgive you if you say no. A lesson I need to learn I guess...

    Cuz you should focus on not being sick. If you look back at your blog posts, how many of them are about being sick? That means too much sick.

    And you need to be better for camping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better!! Stay home, sleep, relax, eat well.... it will help you to have a baby as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not really that god would or would have to forgive you. Saying no isn't anything wrong, and don't let yourself think that it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis

    what is Beautiful Unique Girls?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. on your list of things you do too much I hope Blogging isn't on there!

    ReplyDelete