Monday, September 11, 2006

A Long Long Weekend

The weekend was a very long weekend, and I don't think that I had a good night's sleep in almost a week... I don't remember every detail... but I do have highlights..

  • The Memorial for Uncle Jake was beautiful (I didn't cry)
  • The ordination Service for Dad Skafte was pleasant
  • Steve is Engaged
  • It was so good to see Mom Skafte
  • Had a good girl talk with Berinda
  • Saw a few babies
  • Fell for those babies
  • Had supper with Momma and Dad McG.

Umm that's it for now

8 comments:

  1. third time's the charm...

    ok, my now very abreviated comment is: steve's engaged? what is with these kids today! babies getting married, geesh.

    kudos to your dad, now you and david are both PK's. I sense rebellion on the way.

    that is all

    evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't even know Steve had a chick! Congrats Steve. Shannon I miss you ALOT. As soon as I get my loan I am taking a road trip... to your house. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, that's right!
    I got engaged!

    Hehe.

    Thanks, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, wait!
    Hold the thought there, Evelyn.

    19 is old enough, isn't it? Besides, it's all about maturity, not age. And we all KNOW how mature I am! That's right! More than all of you put together.

    Gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol good one stevie

    both Berinda and Dad were 19 when they got married, although Mom was 21 and Jamie was 24...so they were marrying older people. Felicia is only 18...though like you said, its not like your getting married this year, or even next, so I dunno why people get so bend out of shape at a 19 year old saying "hey look I want to marry this person some day, we're together k?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Shannon, today is your b-day! I almost forgot:P

    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday Shannon
    Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday shannon!!!!!

    my bro is 19 and getting married Oct. 7. Maybe I'm just in shock :)

    ReplyDelete