Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mothering Alarm

I didn't sleep last night... My babe is sick with a double ear infection...

I realized in the early morning that I've arrived. I hit one of the tests of a new mother... and I'm not sure I passed.

Last night we gave Matty some tylenol, Anitbiotics and his bottle, he fell asleep while burping and we put him to bed... it was a very easy process... and yet I stayed up all night - not on purpose mind you. I was worried, I was making sure he was ok, I must have checked him for a fever 100 times last night. I knew he was ok, but I couldn't ignore the What Ifs.

I guess that's what mom's do. We have a little alarm inside that goes nuts at the what ifs about life and our children. I love it and I hate it.

He slept well and I did not. Hopefully he'll nap so I can nap :D

No comments:

Post a Comment