Thursday, February 15, 2007

Last weekend

Last weekend, even though I was suffering from Meniere's Syndrome, David and I went up to Moncton. Mostly to see Grammpie. But also to see some friends. Grammpie is doing fine, and Nanny seemed to really enjoy the visit. He's doing better than I thought, but still not well. For the first few minutes he was completely coherent, and understandable... but as the visit went on the less and less he could talk, and communicate what he wanted to say. It was tough to see, but the visit was good.

I'm glad I went to see him. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go visit, I kinda want to only think of Grammpie as this strong, tall, caring, comforting person, not as a fragile, frail man fading away.


- -


We stayed at Holly and Justin's house. it was so good to see them, and we went to the market and then out to breakfast. we got to see Brandy, only for a little while - and Melissa showed up to!! It was good to see everyone.

And now it's Thursday, and it's a snow day - only there isn't snow - it was the road conditions... I Loves it!

I'm feeling much better - I have just a few moments a day where I'm dizzy, and the sinus stuff is getting better too...

and that is all that has been going on. ...

7 comments:

  1. *cough*sendmepictures*cough*

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grampy is going down hill too. Sometimes he can't remember simple routine things that he's done all his life, like how to use a certain tool, or what he likes on his toast. And working at a special care facility for those who have Alzheimer's is depressing and I've only known these people for a short time. It sucks.
    I pray that God will give you and your family strength and comfort. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to find you well, psychologically, if not totally physically!

    I love you guys, you know that? I wish I could see you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly - I'll send them give me time - I'm busy.

    Stephen - I would love to see you too... maybe at March Break

    Ev'y - March Break Friday 10, at 3:30pm until Monday 19, at 7:50 am

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was sooo good to see you and David! I hope your grampie is doing better....its sooo tough...luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandfather has alzheimers too. It's very sad. He doesn't remember simple things like where they keep the cereal or how to open a can of soup. The amazing thing is that even though he can't remember which grandchild I am (there are 24 of us) he still remembered the game he used to play with us. He would say "Guess what" to which we would reply "what?" "I love you" was always his answer. I said that to him while visiting him this summer and his eyes filled with tears and recognition.. it was so hard to see.
    It's hard to know what to say in situations like this because as much as we would like it to get better, it only gets worse.
    I guess I can just be thankful that my Grandpa has lived a long life throughout most of which he has loved the Lord..

    ReplyDelete