Thursday, November 3, 2005

And then there was this...

I love my life... except for all the friggin' curve balls... I didnt' even want to play the freakin' game...

Life is going well. it really is. I have a wonderful husband, I have a job that I love. I have friends and family... i have my health - kinda.

I know it's not the end of the world. but knowing that i have OsteoArthritis that has no cure, that has no positive impact, that will hurt only when i bend my knee. It just kinda bogs me down. I was so ok with knee pain that phsio woudl fix.. but know - nope they took some x-rays, and I have to patches of arthritis, one under my knee cap, and one in the middle of my joint. this means as the years go by, give or take a couple of months... the bones crush the cartilage... cartilage begins to degenerate by flaking or forming tiny crevasses. In advanced cases, there is a total loss of the cartilage cushion between the bones of the joints. Loss of cartilage cushion causes friction between the bones, leading to pain and limitation of joint mobility so umm ouch....


Meh.

3 comments:

  1. man, I feel for ya. Hopefully you'll get an effective treatment stuff... fourtunately there's lots of research and stuff in the area... not that that helps a whole lot.

    anywho, I'll be praying for you.

    and when we're old, we can sit in our lazy boys with out defective legs together (you know... the diabetes makes your feet fall off thing :)

    I hope you have a wonderful day, week... life, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh ooh!! Don't forget me with my "gestational hypertension"...
    Seriously though... no fun.. but like Ev'lyn said "there's lots of research and stuff in the area" and if anything you can dope up on Tylenol Arthritis pain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love!
    I'm sure it'll be ok.. and Ev'y... It's ok... we can be gimps together!

    Emmie - get better!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete