Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 4th, and I'm alive...

Today is a day if VICTORY!

In the last three (because it's just the morning of the 4th) I have made a birthday cake for my Father's surprise 55th birthday party, decorated said cake (it was funny, one foot in the grave and what not) and then served it while Emceeing the party for 55 of his best-est friends and family.

It was a lovely time and I did not indulge in the dessert - not even to lick the ice cream scoop clean after :D It was Easier than I thought... once I decided to just not have anything surgary -i didnt. well once I licked my fingers while icing the cake, but it was a mindless moment of weakness. so mindless someone else had to remind me that I was doing it.

Yesterday on my way home from the valley, we stopped at Subway for a quick bit before an event at church... while there David and I decided ( or rather I convinced David) to share a combo, so we go cookies and Pop... it wasn't until after ordering, paying and on our way out of the door, that we realized I couldn't have any of the extras...

it was kinda mind boggling how easy sugar just gets in my diet... oh dear - I didn't enjoy the cookies... or drink the pop... hopefully this week I won't buy things to eat I can't eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment