Thursday, April 29, 2010

life within life

SO our Pregnancy is getting along well. I'm at fourteen weeks, and I saw the baby at a 10 week Ultra sound - so lovely to see his (or her) heart beat and little body just floatin'. it was great... and we heard the Heart beat at Week 13. It was great.

I have monthly doctor appointment as per usual, and I just make sure I don't do things that are bad - like lift furniture... so that's easy with DAVID and MARK (my big brother is living with us for a little while) yelling at me everytime I want to move the couch.

Right now things aren't GREAT - they are FINE but we had a little scare, involving mucus - no there will not be details... in fact that might be a little TMI... but it's good I just have to take it easy. That means cutting a lot of things out - like no more Sunday School, no more babysitting, no extras, no gym, no aqua-sizing, no lifting... at least for couple of weeks... maybe a month... maybe for good - I don't know -- I'm waiting to hear from the Doctor...

It's really hard to cut things out of my life - I'm the person that people go to when stuff needs to get done... and now I have to bail out of things... I feel like some people will think I'm a little bit of a slacker... sigh... but it's all good - cause it means BABY!! and I won't risk my little miracle, well actually BIG miracle... But I feel useless and that I'm letting people down.. I HATE that feeling.. Natasha told my that my identity is not wrapped up in what I do for the church, for others... if I can't do then I'm still Ok... which was what I needed to hear - but it was tough to take in.

and at least I'm not on bed rest - I think I'd go crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I have been so excited for you! And I know what you mean about bed rest. I don't think I could handle that. It's good that you are up and about even if you can't do all the things you want. Maybe concentrate on doing one nice/interesting/helpful thing each day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, I'm working on doing something easy one part of the day - so either morning, afternoon, or night. Like this afternoon I'm going to bake some banana bread :D

    ReplyDelete